My Brother Stole My Business Idea… Now He’s Winning

Image
I never thought betrayal would come from someone I trusted my whole life. Not a stranger. Not a competitor. My own brother. It started like most late-night conversations do—just two people talking about dreams. We were sitting on the rooftop, the city quiet beneath us, and I told him everything. My idea, my plan, even the small details I hadn’t shared with anyone else. It wasn’t just a “business idea.” It was my way out. Months of thinking, researching, planning. I had notes, drafts, half-built designs—everything. I just needed time to bring it to life. And I trusted him. He listened quietly that night. Nodded. Asked questions. Even told me it sounded “brilliant.” I remember feeling proud. Supported. That was the first mistake. A few weeks passed. Life got busy. I was still working on the idea slowly, trying to get it perfect before launching anything. Then one afternoon, I saw something that made my stomach drop. An ad. It looked… familiar. Too familiar. Same concept. Same structure. ...

He Thought It Was a Joke…. Until She Left

Leo was a type of man who would make anything funny.Serious conversations. Arguments. Even apologies.If it got too difficult he laughed.Maya used to laugh as well for a long time.So he didn't know when her smile began to go sour.One night she said, “You don't listen to me anymore.One night she said to him, “You don't listen to me anymore.Without lifting his gaze from the game, Leo smirked as he sat on the sofa.

“Oh, this is just another one of those things,” he said with a chuckle. What do you suggest is the reason why? Did I not worship the queen accordingly?”

Maya would always roll her eyes at him and throw a pillow at him.This time she didn't say a word but just looked at him.

“I’m serious, Leo.”

However, he didn't get it.For him it was simply another high drama scene and it would be over in the morning.The following couple of weeks were just as much.Maya tried talking.Leo kept joking.

You seem like I'm the worst boy ever.Perhaps I should make you a fee for therapy sessions.

You're secretly acting for a reality TV show, aren't you?Each time she'd open her mouth… he'd laugh her off.Until Tuesday night.Leo came back home with what he thought he was entitled to:Perhaps Maya in the kitchen, cooking?Perhaps a soft background sound, such as music.

Perhaps another false argument wouldn't have gone so far but would have made them both laugh.

Instead…Silence.There was something about the apartment that was vacant. Cold. Wrong. She didn't have any shoes on.She had jackets that were missing from the wall. Over in the kitchen counter lay a folded letter, along with a lifeless flower.He saw it and laughed nervously, “Leo!

“Very funny,” he said mutterly. He opened the note. Just six words. No Leo, it's no kidding. His stomach dropped.

Then, the hush didn't feel like a weird time at all.He hurried to his bedroom. The half of the closet was empty.All of her skin care products had been used up.

The first family vacation photo they had was off the wall in a frame. That's when it suddenly dawned on him.Every conversation.Every warning.

Each time she attempted to speak her voice was heard .He made it a punch-line. Now she was no more.There wasn't anyone there who had a good time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sister Betrayed Me Before My Wedding—So I Spoke Up

AITA for Not Returning Money My Ex-Husband Sent by Mistake?

AITA for Not Being Responsible for My Daughter’s Friend?